Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Cool hunting with delightful blogs

Coolhunting and blog watching has become a great way for the shopping obsessed to learn the best trends before they even hit the fashion mags. For indie designers, too, there's no better way to connect with their audiences. I love the idea that customers can visit my blog or someone else's and see my designs. Plus they get an inside look on what's happening in my shop. Take a few minutes to browse for links on shopping blogs like
Charles and Marie,
She Finds,
Out Blush,
Style Bytes,
Mighty Goods,
Indie Shopping,
and Ned and Shell's Weekly Dose

and you'll see that most add checky commentary and have great style tips the way a traditional fashion magazine would. Most of these bloggers aren't fashion editors but the best ones can weed through online shops so you don't have to. The gap between reading a magazine and then searching for the product online just ceased to exist. And just one of these link links to a trillion! One click! Here are just a couple more examples: This Next, Far Too Cute and Modish.

But, if search engines are more your style, there are handy-dandy directories sorted by popular topic like Technorati. But the newest, sharpest one with an indie edge is Delightful blogs where blogs are screened and handpicked (I'm still waiting for my approval - but I'll sit patiently!).

I've bookmarked a bunch on my computer and I'll expand my shop's links section but a fabulous way to see what others link to is Style Hive or check out my account on Delicious.

Happy hunting.

Technorati Profile

No comments: