Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happenstance



my shop on etsy is growing at a rate of 2 pieces/day and the site visits are increasing but sales are nil. i know bc i'm checking my email every 2 minutes! word about the etsy forums is that it's a slow for everyone this time of the year. i feel like the shop is a great way to get experience. if anything it forced me to sharpen some of my photoshop skills in the process bc product photography needs to be as professional as possible and, in my case, without paying a professional. eventually i'd like to have my own site but until then i'd like to sell the pieces on etsy and others' stores. there's something so exciting about having my own jewelry collection with a running list of stockists. so, i contacted a shop owner of an awesome store that sells indie goods and she was interested! good news considering her awesome reputation and customer base. silver sells better in her store which and i came up with a bunch of styles in the hopes of consigning them to her boutique. a sneak peak of my proposal to her is above.

so, for now, urban bloom can be found at: my space, flickr, the bust directory, and delicious.

weekend updates including adding "golden means" and "blush" to the etsy shop but also include a link to copacetique(an awesome boutique who's name says it all) and santamistura's blog(an endless resource for awesome links and inspiration). thanks to janice and patricia for linking back to urban bloom!

xo.

No comments: