Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Mod for you


Custom orders are always welcome. They force me out of my (design) comfort zone. I take into consideration the person's personal style, body type, coloring, and how often they wear accessories. My biggest challenge to date was making a set of earrings and necklace for a woman who never wears jewelry and doesn't have pierced ears. Difficult as that might sound, the results were really quite lovely. Anna, my coworker, has placed a few custom orders (thanks, Anna!) and each of the resulting designs are definitely part of my core collection.

This current order is for my sister's friend who's very stylish and has modern taste. The shells I choose have the geometry and simplicity my sister asked for. I created one with a dangling silver leaf and another with a thin MOP small circle. Unfortunately she really liked the silver leaf but the irridescence of the shell (eh-hem! i love pink) is a bit too much. I'm under a tight deadline so it's back to the pliers for me!

It's an Etsy day:
There's nothing quite cuter than this charm of two lovebirds kissing. The pale blue briolette hangs down the center of 14K goldfilled chain with a gold plated charm to one side and on the other are three small briolettes (in pale blue and peachy pink).

No comments: